Sunday 24 February 2013

Nail or Fail!?!

I love painting my nails all different colours and patterns, so when I went to buy a nail varnish at Boots and couldn't decide which brand to choose, I thought I would do a little test. I painted my nails with a base coat, then chose 5 different nail varnish brands and painted a nail on each hand, in that colour from the brand, to find out which brand was the best long-lasting nail varnish brand. Then applied another coat and then applied a top coat. I then left this on my nails for a week , so I could see the effect over time.
Right Hand - The brands left to right are Maybelline, Rimmel, L'Oreal, Miss Sporty and the thumb is Barry M.

Left Hand - The brands left to right are Barry M, Maybelline, Rimmel, L'Oreal and the thumb is Miss Sporty.

As you can tell all of them have chipped slightly, but some more than others.
Miss Sporty has chipped but only slightly, however it has become rough and has chipped all around the edge instead of just at the top.
L'Oreal has also only slightly chipped and is still smooth, however it has become slightly see-through, which may be because I used such a light shade.
Maybelline is basically the same as the L'Oreal nail varnish,except it has not gone see-through.
Barry M has chipped a lot but only at the top of the nail, however the remaining nail varnish is very good.
Rimmel has chipped the most, I think this is because the nail varnish seems very thin (not see-through), which would make it fragile to chipping.
Overall, in my opinion the best is the l'Oreal nail varnish or the Miss Sporty nail varnish.
What is your favourite nail varnish brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment