Wednesday 20 March 2013

My obsession with floral skirts

I love floral skirts and when I own three, I think I have a bit of an obsession. I love the floaty style so you may see this on some of the skirts (or all of them!).
The first skirt is this multicoloured puffy layered skirt, it is from Marks and Spencers, but I am not sure on the price as it was a gift. I love this skirt soooo much that i basically lived in it last summer!!! I included it in my Spring outfits post too, to show you how to wear it. I love to wear it with a tucked in shirt, as it has a thin band round the skirt making it give you a real figure!
This skirt is in layers and is navy blue with multicoloured floral print, it has a black tight waist belt, which can also create quite a figure with a top tucked in or can keep the skirt up if you have a thin waist. I like the layers as it adds texture and makes it look more 3 dimensional. It is from H&M and cost about £7.00. I like to wear it with a white cable knit cardigan and black tights when it is cold.
The final skirt is this layered skirt with faded pastel colours which I got from a really cute boutique in Majorca. I like the dark leather strip belt, as it looks girly and cute. Also the light colours make it perfect for a hot summer day. I like to wear it with a white puffy t-shirt (so the attention is all focused on the skirt) and a pastel pink long, thin cardigan (mine is from New Look).
You can dress any of these skirts down with vans (like above) or dress them up with heels (like above), these gladiator strappy heels are perfect for that spring/summer time vibe....

Do you like floral skirts?

1 comment: